DISHA – Research papers in the field of Tourism :
Date: 11th Oct, Friday
Timings: 2 pm – 6 pm followed by High tea
Venue: Sahyadri, Mumbai.
- Mr. Parvez Dewan, Secretary Ministry of Tourism
- Mr. Chaggan Bhujbal (awaiting confirmation).
Partners: IATA, MTDC, Marriott, Jet Airways.
Our esteemed jury of panelists, rich representation of industry and academics who will evaluate the entries are as follows
- Dr Manjula Chowdhary – Director, IITTM
- Mr. Gour Kanjilal- Executive Director Indian Association of Tour Operators
- Mr. Zakir Ahmed- President TAFI
- Ms Kishori Gadre- General Manager, MTDC.
- Mr. Adrian Williams - Head - Human Resources, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.
Topics are as follows:
- Global Recession and Impact on Tourism.
- Creating Talent for the Industry through Tourism education.
- Impact of Tourism on Local Culture.
- Cruise Tourism Potential & Strategy in India.
- Position of Indian Tourism Industry with respect to the World.
- Impact of Civil Aviation Policies on Tourism Industry in India.
- Policy and Planning-Heritage Conservation.
- Publicity Roadmap for Maharashtra Tourism.
- Infrastructure the need for it in having a robust Tourism Industry.
- The relevance of movies in Marketing a Destination.
- How Technology is changing the face of Travel and Tourism Industry.
Entry by invitation only
Explore With Thomas Cook – An Intercollegiate travel & Tourism Quiz :
Quiz An intercollegiate Travel & Tourism Quiz will be organized by Thomas Cook Centre of Learning in September2013 on the occasion of World Tourism Day. The quiz will be conducted by the students of the travel professional batch of the Centre of Learning.
Under Graduate Courses
Post Graduate Courses
- MBA- Tourism ( Pondicherry University )
- Travel Professional Program – A Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management with MBA – Tourism *(Pondicherry University)
- Travel Professional Program - A Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
- Certificate Course In World Tour Management
- PGDM in International Tourism Business - equivalent to MBA (IITTM)